7 Things to Know About Closing
We all know that knowledge is power. If you come to the closing table prepared and informed, closing on your new home will be a lot less stressful. The great thing about closing with our office is our team is willing and able to help you to make your real estate transaction as smooth as possible. We will point you in the right direction and answer any questions you have.
- Please make sure to respond to your closing agent, realtor, and lender in a timely manner.
- The electronic communications you receive regarding the closing will be sent via a secured server, make sure you read the instructions carefully on how to receive and respond to secure emails.
- When you receive your closing disclosure, review it carefully as it details the money you need for closing. If you have any questions please speak with your lender.
- It’s your closing process and you’re allowed to ask questions! If you don’t understand something, speak up!
- Check to make sure you receive a Notification of Settlement and verify your time, location, and anything you need to bring for settlement.
- Please refer to the company wire policy before sending a wire or getting a bank check.
- Make sure to send your wire 24 hours before settlement. Please call and verify the wire instructions with your closing agent. Please note that we do not change our wire instructions they will remain the same.
If after reviewing this list, you have questions about preparing for closing – don’t hesitate to contact our team, we want to help make the process of purchasing your new home as easy as possible.